HOME ALL RENTALS FUN THINGS TO DO PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FAQs TRAVEL TIPS ABOUT US CONTACT
Travel Checklist According to TSA
- Liquids, gels and aerosols packed in carry-on must follow the 3-1-1 liquids rule:
- 3.4 ounces or less per container
- 1 quart size, clear, plastic, zip top bag (all liquids must fit in bag)
- 1 bag per passenger
- If purchasing a baggage lock, be sure to look for those that are TSA recognized.
- Tape a card with your name and contact information on your electronics.
- Pack items in layers (shoes one layer, clothes one layer, electronics one layer, etc.)
- Pack large electronics on top layer of carry-on for screening accessibility.
- Place your 3-1-1 bag with liquids, gels and aerosols in the front pocket of your carry-on for accessibility.
- If traveling with a pet, be sure to bring a leash so carriers can be properly screened.
Before Leaving for the Airport
Before Entering the Checkpoint
- Eligible passengers look for the TSA PreCheck® lane for expedited screening at participating airports.
- Have your ID and boarding pass out for inspection.
In Standard Screening Lane
- Remove the 3-1-1 liquids bag and place it in the bin.
- Ensure pockets are empty (keys, tissues, currency, wallets, cell phones, etc.) and remove bulky jewelry (valuable items can be placed in carry-on).
- Remove your shoes and place them directly on the X-ray belt.
- Remove personal electronic devices larger than a cell phone from your carry-on bag and place them into a bin with nothing placed on or under them for X-ray screening. (E.g. laptops, tablets, e-readers and handheld game consoles.)
- Remember to check the bins and collect all belongings after going through screening